It’s been a long while since I’ve sat down and blogged (is that a word?). Firstly, I apologize. I have been quite the busy human the past few weeks. So sorry. I’m back with a plan to be more active here during the summer. Whether that be a good thing or a bag thing, you decide.
I guess I should probably address my progress in my 2017 Bucket List. How many things was I able to fulfill? What am I planning on doing? What do I know is an impossible item to fulfill? Well, brace yourselves ladies and gentlemen, because I’m about to reveal what I’ve accomplished from my Bucket List since February 24, 2017.
- rope swing:
- Does a hammock tied to a tree with rope count? Probably not but, whatever.
- go to a non-tropical beach:
- Done and I confirmed this with a few pictures on my blog! HA! I visited the Oregon Coast two times. I consider that to be quite the accomplishment. *self high-five*
- travel along the Oregon Coast:
- This kind of ties back to the non-tropical beach visit as it was a beach on the Oregon Coast. I haven’t yet traveled along the entirety of the Coast so I would put this item as a work-in-progress (partially complete).
- go to a concert (preferably a kpop artist):
- I think that this item is something that I am most proud of. I attended Chris Tomlin concert a few weeks back and it was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and understood something about concerts that used to baffle me: people scream because of how surreal everything is. I have been listening to Chris Tomlin, Phil Whickam, and Big Daddy Weave for a very long time. Ever since I accepted Christ into my heart, their songs have given me my daily inspirations and sometimes answered my prayers. So, seeing them in person and hearing my favorite artists sing these songs live was definitely something that I will remember for the rest of my life.
- I am actually going to be attending G-DRAGON’s 2017 World Tour Concert in Seattle, WA in July so, I can wholeheartedly cross this point off my list. (I AM SO EXCITED. KPOP DREAMS COMING TRUE!!)
- learn the basics of a new language:
- This point is also something that I am proud of. I have been attempting to learn Korean for the past few months. So far, I have failed and partially given up, but I do plan on continuing to expand on my self-taught Korean language skills (or lack thereof). A good point to bring up with this is that I’m learning Korean because I’m planning on teaching abroad in South Korea during my gap year. Whether that actually happens depends on the answer I receive from CIEE BUUUTTTT, I like to hope for the best.
- master winged eyeliner:
- Yes. I have done this. It took be 3 bottles of liquid eyeliner and dozens of makeup wipes to do so. *cries*
- finish college:
- I chose to include this because of how close my graduation date actually is. I will be graduating with my Bachelor’s degree in Spring 2018, so I partially cross this point out.
- dye my hair a bizarre color:
- ummm… I got ombre? From brown to partial blonde-turned-orange.
- tell my parents I love them more often:
- I work on this everyday and so far, it’s been going very well.
- adopt a new fashion trend:
- chopstick in my hair.
- spend the entire day in the library reading:
- This has become a DAILY RITUAL now that I am forced to take summer courses. This is unwilling but, I consider it as a completion of this item.
- support my favorite artists by buying their albums:
- DONE. First kpop album of my favorite artists, BTS. *cue fan-girl screaming*
- complete something on my bucket list:
- An obvious choice.
I shall include some pictures as proof.
I’m working on the rest of my Bucket List so, STAY TUNED!!